Date:      Sat, 23 Sep 2000 18:23:18 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Suspend/Resume fails with X GUI running

I'm working on configuring a FreeBSD laptop here -- Dell Inspiron 5000
series, ATI Rage chipset, nice, fast 600 MHz Intel processor. FreeBSD
4.1-STABLE. If it's running text consoles, it suspends/resumes absolutely
perfectly. But when it's running any X Windows desktop, it hangs on suspend
and must be cold booted. Before I try redebugging the wheel, does anyone
have a handle on what might be wrong and how to work around it?

--Brett Glass

SOCIAL SECURITY: I say we scrap the current system and
replace it with a system wherein you add your name to
the bottom of a list, and then you send some money to
the person at the top of the list, and then you....
Oh, wait, that IS our current system. -- Dave Barry