Date:      Tue, 22 May 2001 12:08:50 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
Cc:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Copyright law, again...

At 10:19 AM 5/22/2001, Rahul Siddharthan wrote:

>The chapter excerpted above is one of the strongest indictments of the
>current copyright situation I have ever read.  Even Stallman doesn't
>get into the guts of today's system and savage it the way she does:

You are misrepresenting Ms. Littman's position. Her indictment is not
of copyright law per se but rather of the extreme positions taken by
the combatants in the current content wars. Stallman, and others like
him, have forced copyright holders to take extreme measures to ensure
that they continue to receive revenue from what is rightfully theirs.

--Brett Glass