Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 15:10:06 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@web.de>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache 1.3.26 port

Yes, installing the new port will nuke all of your data. And,
as has been the case with many other ports, the package has
not been built and put up on the FTP site. Everyone who installs
FreeBSD and elects to install Apache across the Net will get
the insecure version of Apache until this is fixed.

It's just as important to upgrade the binary packages (and/or
mark them as "forbidden") as it is the ports.

--Brett