Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 2004 14:15:15 -0400
From:      Christopher Rued <c.rued@xsb.com>
To:        Subhro <subhro.kar@gmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Reproducible panic kldunloading nvidia

Subhro wrote:

>This happens when your world and kernel are out of sync. Remake the
>world and the kernel and install them and try it out.

Hmm...it's odd that this should only happen with one module, though, right?

I always go through the full make mergemaster -p, buildworld, buildkernel,
installkernel, installworld, mergemaster cycle...I don't think I've recently
stopped mid-way.  I do frequently cvsup sources (just to observe changes),
and then not compile, but I don't think this should be an issue, unless the
nvidia driver compiles against sources in /usr/src.

I'm due for an update anyway, so I'll probably just go ahead and rebuild
everything and see what happens.

>BTW if you want to unload it then delete the necessesary lines from /boot/loader.conf

Thanks for the tip -- I'll probably try this first, before rebuilding my
system.