Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 2004 18:10:06 -0600
From:      luis <lramos3@satx.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Java port

    I have searched the net with google, the mailing list, with no
luck.  I have also checked the man pages and the on line handbook.  Here
is my problem: I'm trying to install java14 via the ports system.  So
far, I have installed many ports in my 5.3  system all with no
problems.  What happens in trying to install is that I get the error
message "printf: missing format character", jdk-1.4.2p6_6 is*** Error
code 1.  I had previously downloaded the
j2sdk-1_4_2-mozilla_headers-unix.zip into the /usr/ports/distfiles
directory.  Please let me know  what other piece of information is
needed to solve this problem or to whom could I direct this question.
Thanks.  Luis