Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2005 00:10:16 -0800
From:      Joaquin Menchaca <linuxuser@finnovative.net>
To:        Joaquin Menchaca <linuxuser@finnovative.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HELP: video for VIA/S3G CLE266

Joaquin Menchaca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the great instructions for furnning xorgconfig and the
> handbook.  I was wondering what to pick for the video driver in
> xorgconfig.  There's no option for VIA/S3G CLE266.  VIA ships with a
> Linux driver (DRI.TGZ and CLEXF400030). :-\  The chipset comes on the
> VIA PD10000 mobo
> (http://www.viaembedded.com/product/epia_PD_spec.jsp?motherboardId=241)

Hi,

I found these links.  It looks like I might have to build something.
Would I have to rebuild Xorg? :'(

http://unichrome.sourceforge.net/
http://cvs.freedesktop.org/xorg/xc/lib/XvMC/hw/via/
http://www.ivor.it/cle266/
http://apollo.backplane.com/FreeBSD/

Would I have to get the latest xorg + these drivers with some sort of
package manager?  How can I tell the current version of Xorg that I am
running?  Could I just compile these drivers?  If so, how do I get them
to work, and how do I get it into the system so that I can select them?

  -- joaquin