Date:      Sat, 29 Jan 2005 13:33:41 +0300
From:      "Andrew P." <infofarmer@mail.ru>
To:        Pat Maddox <pergesu@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I only want stable software

Pat Maddox wrote:
> I used CVSUP to keep my system up to date.  How do I know that it's
> not installing unstable software?  I want to keep my software stable,
> but not in the version branching sense.  I just don't want it crashing
> my server at all.  Is there any way to ensure that I only install high
> quality stable software?

You should use RELENG_4_11 or RELENG_5_3 tags to have cvsup download
security patches only. It's probably the most reliable way to keep your
system as stable as it gets. Just use the following line in your cvsup
supfile:

src-all tag=RELENG_5_3

You could use tag=. for doc-all, and you should use it for ports-all.

Best wishes,
Andrew P.