Date:      Mon, 07 Feb 2005 10:16:13 +0100
From:      Gerald Heinig <gheinig@syskonnect.de>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Firewire blues

Hi all,

I'm having problems getting two 5.3-RELEASE boxes to communicate over
firewire.
I'm using two VIA Vt-6306 -based cards which are correctly recognised at
boot-time.

I've loaded the dcons and dconschat modules and obtained both firewire
addresses via fwcontrol.
When I try to set up a connection with dconschat I get

[dcons disconnected (get crom failed)]

The exact command I gave is:

dconschat -br -G 5556 -t <the remote firewire address>

I also tried setting the control ROM address with the -a option, to no
avail.

Anyone have any ideas as to where I'm going wrong?

BTW, I'm trying to set up remote debugging with gdb to debug a kernel hang.

Cheers,
Gerald