Date:      Thu, 01 Mar 2001 18:57:40 +0100
From:      sthaug@nethelp.no
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD on IBM's radar screen?

I work mainly for Enitel, a medium sized ISP in Norway. We use FreeBSD
a lot (eivind and des can tell you more about this). Today I got an
interesting question from IBM Norway: What would be needed for IBM to
support FreeBSD for Enitel? Basically: What FreeBSD version, what kind
of hardware do we need supported, etc. (Based on IBM's Netfinity servers,
of course.)

I told them a bit about 4.2-STABLE, which is our platform of choice, and
also mentioned that we'd be interested in the Qlogic fibre channel cards
for the higher end platforms.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention on -hackers that it's possible FreeBSD
is starting to show up on IBM's radar screen. I think it's way too early
to conclude anything yet, but it's interesting nevertheless.