Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 12:27:49 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Didier Derny <didier@omnix.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is FreeBSD dead ?

> I guess it's a sad day for FreeBSD. I can't imagine how a company selling
> it's own BSD could at the same time let another BSD free.

And I can't imagine how *anyone* could take this perspective given
any of the stuff they've read so far.

FreeBSD will remain, as I have gone to great pains to state in every
interview I've granted, COMPLETELY UNCHANGED as far as being free and
open is concerned.  How could BSDI *not* let FreeBSD be free, perhaps
I should ask you that?  You know of some special way of herding cats
that's been hitherto undiscovered, perhaps?

> I've been using FreeBSD since August 1994 (FreeBSD 1.1.5.1)

If you think it's possible to bend the FreeBSD project to anyone's
corporate will then you've never even come close to understanding who
we are or what we stand for.  That's a shame since one would think 6
years to be more than enough time to gain such an understanding.

- Jordan