Date:      Sun, 08 May 2005 11:03:36 +1000
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        Michael Dexter <dexter@ambidexter.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing FreeBSD from CD

Hi Michael,

> My listing ends with the ad0: entry but no acd0: entry. Is the device
> bay drive not supported?

  Yep, that's right. There's no equivalent yet to NetBSD's
macppc/dev/mediabay.c

> During initial CD boot, it read:
>
> Booted from: /pci@f2000000/mac-io@17/media-bay@34/ata-3@20000/disk@0
> /
> /boot/kernel/kernet...
>
> Does that help any?

  Yep - it shows that the CD is underneath the mediabay node. The
current ATA code only handles ATA devices directly attached to the
mac-io node.

  I had a quick glance at the NetBSD code. It doesn't look difficult, so
I'll put it on the TODO list. Might take a while though.

later,

Peter.