Date:      Mon, 23 May 2005 12:42:52 -0700
From:      Colin Percival <cperciva@freebsd.org>
To:        Mike Jakubik <mikej@rogers.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lifetime of FreeBSD branches

Mike Jakubik wrote:
> Could someone point me to a resource that outlines the expected supported
> lifetime of all the branches? Can't find anything concrete on the webpage.

http://www.freebsd.org/security/

In addition to the material there (which is concerned with existing releases),
FreeBSD 5.x is expected to be supported until late 2007 (FreeBSD 5.5 plus two
years), and FreeBSD 6.x will probably be supported until early 2009 (the last
FreeBSD 6.x release plus two years).

Colin Percival