Date:      Sat, 23 Jul 2005 00:36:23 +1000
From:      Emily Boyd <soc-emily@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD design proposal

Hi All,

By way of introduction, I'm a participant in Google's Summer of Code
program, in which students contribute to open source projects over the
summer.

I know there has been much discussion on this list in the past few
months regarding a redesign of freebsd.org. I'd like to propose the
following design as the basis for a redesigned website:

http://www.emilyboyd.com/design/freebsd/homepage_proposal.png
http://www.emilyboyd.com/design/freebsd/secondpage_proposal.png

I've learnt a lot from reviewing the earlier redesigns proposed by folks
like Devon O'Dell, Chris Zumbrunn, and others. The input on this list
from people such as Ceri Davies and Simon Nielsen has also been invaluable.

If my design proposal is accepted, I would be able to code up the design
as SGML/XSLT templates so that the existing website can be rapidly
converted to the new style and launched in time for 6.0-RELEASE.

Various members of core@ and marketing@ have reviewed my design, and
have offered a lot of encouragement. I would love to hear additional
feedback from those on this list.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Emily Boyd