Date:      Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:57:56 -0500
From:      Ben Kelly <bkelly@vadev.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: loader.conf setting ignored

Sarxan Elxanzade wrote:
> It looks like console access is necessary. But may be someone prompt another
> solution.

So it turns out you can set kern.geom.debugflags from loader.conf.  The
gvinum mirror problem I was trying to debug was causing the problem.
Edits to loader.conf were only being written to the second disk, but the
loader was reading the first disk during boot.  After manually copying
/boot over it worked fine.  Just thought I would mention that for the
archives.

- Ben