Date:      Tue, 06 Dec 2005 19:29:25 +0100
From:      Bartosz Fabianowski <freebsd@chillt.de>
To:        fpolansky@volny.cz
Cc:        openoffice@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: OOo 2.0.0_1 and gnome 2.12 and freebsd 6.0

> I compiled OOo from freebsd ports and after installation I haven't
> in gnome menu the shortcuts for programs in location

Unfortunately, desktop integration has been broken for ages and nobody
has stepped forward to fix it yet :(. It's the same deal for KDE users:

No icons, .desktop files containing wrong commands and not getting
installed, psprint.conf file write-protected...

If I knew where to find the icons (they don't even seem to be in the
source tarball), I could try writing a patch for the port. But without
the icons, it's hardly worth it :(.

- Bartosz