Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 2009 16:00:55 -0400
From:      Lowell Gilbert <lgusenet@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: computer keeps rebooting

Adam Townsend <desnudopenguino@gmail.com> writes:

>                                If I bump the processor back down to 3.8 GHz
> it runs perfectly fine (ran it over 24 hours straight w/o any problems).  My
> Motherboard won't let me overclock past 4.2, it throws an error in the BIOS
> about it, so the hardware can handle 4.0.

Not that I'm positive it's your problem, but that last statement is
categorically wrong.  If the parts were all in spec to run at 4GHz, it
wouldn't be called *over*clocking.  It may work on some of these
systems, but you don't get any guarantees when you go beyond the
specifications (in fact, that's what the word "specifications" means).