Date:      Wed, 11 Apr 2007 21:49:17 +1000
From:      Alan Garfield <alan@fromorbit.com>
To:        takawata@jp.freebsd.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Resources and ACPI

takawata@jp.freebsd.org wrote:

>> and when the device is kldload'ed you get :-
>>
>> ----
>> jnet0: <JNet Ethernet System Interface> port 0xa8,0xae-0xaf irq 19 on
>> acpi0
>> ----
>>
>> are these resources automagically allocated for me? Or do I have to
>> allocate them myself?
>
> You have to allocate the resource.

Ok cool, but how do I get the resource list from acpi to allocated them
then? Other than having an array of ioports and irqs, is there a way to
get this information from acpi?

I've done an acpidump and indeed the are _CRS and _PRS ResourceTemplates
that describe the io and irq requirements perfectly. How do I access
this data? ACPI seems to have very little documentation and nothing else
seems to get resource lists (except fdc_acpi.c and uart_bus_acpi.c which
don't seem to be complete. ACPI_EVALUATE_OBJECT?!?)

Thanks,
Alan.