Date:      Thu, 07 Jun 2007 19:55:49 +0200
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hangs with Adaptec 29320

Scott Long wrote:

> Turning on every debugging option under the sun to slow the system to a
> crawl is probably not a very good strategy.

It's not a good direct strategy to solve a problem. It might be a good
strategy to get insight about it, though.

> As I said in a previous
> mail, if you are having problems with the ahd driver, please contact the
> ahd driver maintainer directly.

As a developer myself, I find it very irritating to get a mail that says
"It doesn't work" and nothing else.
Turning on debug might help in getting a dump, a relevant error message
or something alike; otherwise I wouldn't really know what one could write.

BTW: I also complained in the past about the amrd driver on a SRCU42E:
turned out from the serial number it was a faulty stock and I'm wating
for Intel to replace it. I hope this solves it.

  bye
	av.