Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:58:36 -0500
From:      Eric <heli@mikestammer.com>
To:        Tobias Roth <freebsd.lists@fsck.ch>
Cc:        bh@izb.knu.ac.kr, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [OT] Which one is best MTA for me?

Tobias Roth wrote:
> Byung-Hee HWANG wrote:
>> I can't decide postfix
>> or qmail.
>
> Use exim then.

heres a bunch of reasons to avoid qmail:

http://www-dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de/~ma/qmail-bugs.html

I started out with qmail, then went to postfix after getting bit by
qmail too many times. I shouldnt have to assemble 40 patches from 40
people to make qmail work properly.

I like postfix alot. it works out of the box, has options for everything
and the author updates his code and knows he isnt infallible.

theres more interesting facts about DJBs software on the maradns
homepage if anyone is interested.

you really cant go wrong with postfix.