Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 14:53:35 +0200
From:      Walter Hop <walter@binity.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: blocking I.P. addresses/ranges

> I know there is a way to block I.P. addresses/I.P. ranges in Linux by using
> something like 'route add 24.198.54.0 deny' etc... I assume that there must
> be a similar way to do this in FreeBSD...

In FreeBSD, you can do this for instance with the ``ipfw'' tool.

You will need a kernel with firewall support first. Check out the
relevant section of the FreeBSD Handbook for instructions if you need
them: http://www.nl.freebsd.org/handbook/kernelconfig.html

A quick ``man ipfw'' will give you a lengthy description; the examples
are at the end of the man page ;)

--
 Walter Hop <walter@binity.com> | +31 6 24290808 | Finger for public key