Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 2008 15:32:02 +0100
From:      "Bruce M. Simpson" <bms@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
Subject:   Re: Intel ICH7 SMBus support, ichsmb(4)

Miroslav Lachman wrote:
> Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
>
>> I suppose a lot of these could be addressed if I released the code in a
>> preliminary fashion (providing folks the ability to help me with
>> documentation, etc.). Hmm... Yeah, I should really get a beta tarball
>> up, and/or make a FreeBSD port for it already (since I am a ports
>> committer).

My suggestion would be to make the code available using a Mercurial
repository. People are then free to participate and send diffs as they
see fit, and they can do so very easily. The learning curve for the tool
is reasonable.

I'd also recommend http://freehg.org/ if you need some hosting for a
public repo.

cheers