Date:      Wed, 30 Jun 2010 13:16:34 +0100
From:      Free BSD <freebsd@vfemail.net>
Subject:   kernel issues with 8 STABLE

Dear List Members

I have recently installed 8 STABLE and built my custom kernel, but still
getting these in my pciconf list

none0@pci0:0:3:0:       class=0x078000 card=0x02761028 chip=0x2e148086
rev=0x03 hdr=0x00
     vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
     device     = 'Intel Active Client Manager HECI Device
(PCIVEN_8086&DEV_2E14&SUBSYS_3035103C&REV_03B1B68)'
     class      = simple comms

none1@pci0:0:3:3:       class=0x070002 card=0x02761028 chip=0x2e178086
rev=0x03 hdr=0x00
     vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
     device     = 'Intel PCI Serial Port (CC_0700)'
     class      = simple comms
     subclass   = UART

I have
device          uart            # Generic UART driver
in my custom kernel, so I would expect uart devices to be detected and
usable -- however, they are not.

Also, even though I have custom keyboard in my kernel configuration,
whenever I boot into single user mode I get US layout (it works fine
when in multi-user mode).

I am using a Dell Optiplex 960 series machine.

I have googled as much as I can, and also visited the intel website for
further information -- no luck so far. Any pointer to possible solution
is highly appreciated

Thanks