Date:      Sat, 9 Jul 2005 21:53:46 +0200
From:      Bas Essers <bassers@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.4-REL random reboots

Hi list

I've read serveral earlier postings about random reboots and a lot of times=
=20
the advice is to check the power supply.
Could this be the power supply in the pc itself or is it more likely the=20
power supply of the wall outlet?
The pc that's rebooting is brand new so i think the power supply in the pc=
=20
would be sufficient for all the hardware inside.

What i've tried in order to solve the rebooting problem:
I've applied the patch for the tcp vulnerability as i thought maybe someone=
=20
was exploiting that to cause a DoS but that didn't help.

It seems as if the machine reboots everytime i do something cpu/memory=20
intensive, but it also reboots at random when it's 99-100% idle.

I now want to monitor the temperature of the CPU, memory etc, which program=
=20
would you suggest?
I've run memtest for a couple of minutes but that didn't cause a crash.

Thanks

--=20
Met vriendelijke groet,
Bas Essers