Date:      Sun, 09 Dec 2001 01:02:06 -0800
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.freebsd.org>
To:        Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely8.cicely.de>
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>, "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>, Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>, Kirk McKusick <mckusick@beastie.mckusick.com>, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Proposed auto-sizing patch to sysinstall (was Re: Using a larger block size on large filesystems)

Oh yeah, I forgot to comment on this part:

     In that light perhaps what we need to do is have an auto-resizing
     feature, so if the user deletes an auto-created partition sysinstall
     automatically resizes the auto-created partitions before it to fill
     up the space.  So if the user hits 'A' and doesn't want /var/tmp, they
     simply delete /var/tmp and /var gets its space.  And if they don't
     want /home they simply delete it and /usr gets its space.  I think
     this is a much easier mechanism for the user then requiring him to
     select which Auto-profile to use.

I think this is another good feature to add, but it's purely orthogonal
to the suggestions I had.

- Jordan