Date:      Thu, 07 Nov 2013 11:46:46 -0800
From:      Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
To:        David Naylor <naylor.b.david@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wine-fbsd64-1.5.24 on amd64 complains that OpenGL rendering is disabled

On 11/07/2013 06:12, David Naylor wrote:
> The wine-fbsd64 line of packages were discontinued in favour of the i386-wine
> port.  The i386-wine is the same as the wine-fbsd64 except it is officially
> part of the Port's Collection.
>
> Please seehttps://wiki.freebsd.org/i386-Wine  for details and update to the
> latest version of wine (1.7.5), and please let me know if this fixes the
> problem.

I see, I had the wrong version installed. But now, with
i386-wine-devel-1.7.5,1, it also prints the error message:
err:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo  couldn't initialize OpenGL, expect
problems

I also would like to suggest you change the message for emulators/wine.
Currently it says:
===>  wine-1.6,1 is only for i386, while you are running amd64.
It should say: "emulators/wine is discontinued on all platforms, please
use emulators/i386-wine or emulators/i386-wine-devel"
Because most people don't know such details about the current state of
wine port development.

Yuri