Date:      Sat, 22 Jun 1996 18:23:26 -0700
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@freebsd.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        alk@Think.COM, hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/etc/mtree BSD.usr.dist

Terry,

(Nice bit of rethoric.)

Terry, if you want to work with people instead of against them, then
you have to bend everynow and then.  I have looked over every bit of
code you have ever sent my way.  I will continue to do so.

The one and most overwhelming reason I have not committed much of it yet
is that so far I have completely failed to apply the patches and getting
the resulting system to behave itself.

The one case where this was not true, was the email you sent to current
on 13 Dec 1995 (Message-Id: <199512132202.PAA00508@phaeton.artisoft.com>)
with a bug fix for the vfs_cache code. it was committed 9 days later
after testing was successfull.

If you could submit patches of that quality and clarity, I'm sure you
would see a lot of your changes go back into FreeBSD.

whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Future will arrive by its own means, progress not so.