Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 2014 11:10:07 -0500
From:      Pedro Giffuni <pfg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        office@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   OpenOffice and boost

Hello;

Maho-san has updated openoffice-devel to the last version that used
stlport internally. This is a great advance for the upstream OpenOffice
as it means that it will start using modern STL functionality by default.

In general OpenOffice now uses TR1 functionality from Boost to replace
what libstdc++ may not have.  Unfortunately this will not work in
FreeBSD 9.x due to a bug in boost.

In order to update OpenOffice further it is necessary (but probably not
sufficient) to either update boost to version 1.55 (best) or apply
ports/181044.

I know there have been complains about the maintenance (or lack of it)
in the openoffice ports but there are limits on to what Maho and I can
do. It would also be great if someone works on adding staging to the
OpenOffice ports.

Best regards,

Pedro.