Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 2014 14:58:11 +0200
From:      Piotr Kubaj <p.kubaj@pp.com.pl>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sending data via MAC address

Hi. Please see
http://forums.freebsd.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=45303#p264204 and
http://forums.freebsd.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=45303#p264249 .
I know I can use web interface or ssh but WinBox is required. In short,
using Linux and Wine, I can connect to my routers via MAC, provided they
are in the same network. With FreeBSD it's not possible (I've checked
various Wine versions, so it's not its fault). Right now I have Debian
running on my PC and have tested FreeBSD in VM with bridged NIC. When I
run Winbox in Linux, I can connect to RB, with FreeBSD in VM it works
only with IP (provided both PC and the router are in the same network).
Is it possible in any way to connect using only MAC addresses or when PC
and the router are in different networks (no network aliases, as there
are times when it's not known what network the router is in). Thanks for
answers.