Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 2014 20:54:54 -0600
From:      James Gritton <jamie@gritton.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mounting fdescfs in a nested/hierarchical jail?

On 8/18/2014 6:26 AM, Ruben van Staveren wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have a FreeBSD 10 zfs based ezjail setup. In one of the jails I am using ezjail again to set up a nested jail. My goal is to eventually have my jails use these nested jails as containers for certain services.
>
> However, I am not able to mount a nested fdescfs. When I leave out fdesc, the nested jail starts up just fine.
>
> There is no allow.mount.fdescfs. Do we need one?
>
> Cheers,
> 	Ruben

That's probably the answer.  It seems a little inelegant to have this
proliferation of pesudo-fs type allowances, but it's the direction we've
gone.

In the meantime, you could pre-mount the child jails' fdescfs when the
parent jails are created.  That's pretty messy, especially considering
it means you have to first pre-mount their devfs as well.  But it's
likely all the permissions will allow.

- Jamie