Date:      Sat, 22 Jan 2005 17:52:00 +0300
From:      Michael Lednev <liettneff@bk.ru>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   sata controllers

Hello, freebsd-hardware.

i'm going to buy new sata-controller for my freebsd box and don't know
what to choose.  as i seen in stable src there is support for silicon
image, promise and via chipsets (i believe others are integrated in
south bridges). what should i take to have no headache about my disks?

ps: once i had experience with sii3112 based sata and it showed dma
    timeouts, have anything changed since august in ata driver about
    them?

--
Best regards,
 Michael                          mailto:liettneff@bk.ru