Date:      Sat, 31 Oct 2015 23:39:30 +0000
From:      Ben Lavery <ben.lavery@hashbang0.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   wine64 seems to fail to launch

Good evening all,

I've installed wine-1.7.53 on a laptop running FreeBSD-CURRENT (r287930)
via the `pkg` command.  I have tried running a few applications (Dropbox
installer, 1Password, Steam) from the command line and they all seem to
just die without any output:

benlavery@BIL-BSD:Downloads $>wine64 1Password-4.6.0.592.exe
benlavery@BIL-BSD:Downloads $>

There is no logs that I can see that get written, and no core file
generated.  It just seems to fail silently...

Using `wine64` to launch the "bundled" applications it seems to work
just fine:
$>wine64 .wine/drive_c/windows/notepad.exe
# notepad.exe is launched within my X session.

Are the applications I've chosen too complex?  Am I not specifying
something correctly?  I would expect some kind of message if either of
the above was so?

Many thanks,
Ben Lavery