Date:      Thu, 26 May 2016 08:03:20 -0500
From:      Jason Bacon <bacon4000@gmail.com>
To:        Grzegorz Junka <list1@gjunka.com>, freebsd-infiniband@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: InfiniBand hw support out of the box?

I think IB support in the generic kernel is unlikely any time soon, if
ever, but building the kernel modules only takes a few minutes.
Instructions are on the wiki in case you weren't aware:

     https://wiki.freebsd.org/InfiniBand

You still have to do a buildworld to update your userland tools,
though.  I've made the argument that the userland tools could and should
be built with IB support now.  It adds a trivial number of files and
only modifies a few binaries.

This would allow someone to get IB support running in minutes instead of
hours, and would prevent freebsd-update from replacing ib-enabled files
with generic ones.

Regards,

     Jason

On 05/26/16 04:45, Grzegorz Junka wrote:
> Is there any InfiniBand card supported in FreeBSD by the generic
> kernel/modules without having to recompile kernel or compile kernel
> modules?

All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers ... Each one owes
infinitely more to the human race than to the particular country in
which he was born.
                 -- Francois Fenelon