Date:      Thu, 16 Apr 2020 19:47:03 +0200
From:      Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   support of PCIe NVME drives

I was requested to install FreeBSD 11.3 on a new Dell machine with only
2 NVME drives in ZFS mirror. The problem is that installer does not see
the drives. Are there any special procedure to use NVME drives for
installation a later for booting?

Drives are described in iDRAC:

Device Description:   PCIe SSD in Slot 1 in Bay 1
Device Protocol:      NVMe-MI1.0
Model:                Dell Express Flash NVMe P4510 1TB SFF
Bus:                  130
Manufacturer:         INTEL
Product ID:           a54
Revision:             VDV1DP23
Enclosure:            PCIe SSD Backplane 1

There is no special HW RAID card.

I switched to a shell in an installer and NVME drives are not listen in
dmesg.boot.

I tried to manually load nvme and nvd modules but the error messages
says they are already in the installer kernel.

How can I make it work?

Kind regards
Miroslav Lachman