Date:      Mon, 3 Oct 2005 17:49:18 +0300
From:      Vladimir Tsvetkov <npacemo@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with Acroread7 port

I had no problems with the make install clean with this port,
but when I try to start acroread7, I got the following message:

# acroread7
/compat/linux/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Reader/intellinux/bin/acroread:
error while loading shared libraries: libfreetype.so.6: cannot open

I've searched for the libfreetype.so.6 shared object on my machine and
I got the following:

# find /usr -name "libfreetype.so.*"
/usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so.9

Maybe I have a newer version of libfreetype.so.*.
I tried with a symbolic link:

# ln -s /usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so.9 /usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so.6

And then again:
# acroread7
/compat/linux/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Reader/intellinux/bin/acroread:
error while loading shared libraries: libfreetype.so.6: cannot open

So, this method doesn't work.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Vladimir Tsvetkov

p.s. This message was also sended to the port maintainer