Date:      Tue, 29 Dec 1998 08:04:18 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   On recent events and pending resurrections.

Guess it's time for another state of the union announcement on this
topic - sorry for keeping folks in the dark.

To summarize a very long debate, we're currently considering bringing
back pcvt, voxware and SOFTMODEM support and will have a vote on this
in the core team shortly, the results of which we will implement by
Jan 1st.  If anyone has additional items from the "hit list" that
they'd like to consider, please send me mail and I'll add them to the
list.

There has also been a fair amount of fall-out from this, with
unhappiness both inside and outside the core team on how all of this
came down, and one of the conclusions to come out of this is that
perhaps the core team is finally in need of reconstitituion.  That is
a matter we'll take up for the new year, and I'll be sending more mail
out on this topic as we decide how we're going to work this.

- Jordan