Date:      Sat, 4 Nov 2017 13:55:52 -0500
From:      Rajil Saraswat <rajil.s@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-virtualization <freebsd-virtualization@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Onboard USB controller passthrough

Hello,

I have an Supermicro X10DRi-T motherboard which has 2 EHCI controllers
and 1 xHCI controller. I want to pass one of the EHCI controller to the
VM running Ubuntu. Unfortunately, the VM immediately quits when i pass
the USB controller. I am using vm-bhye to manage the VM's running on
FreeBSD 11.1.

The controllers looks like this

# pciconf -l -BbcV ppt2@pci0:0:26:0
ppt2@pci0:0:26:0:       class=0x0c0320 card=0x72708086 chip=0x8d2d8086
rev=0x05 hdr=0x00
    bar   [10] = type Memory, range 32, base 0xc6134000, size 1024, enabled
    cap 01[50] = powerspec 2  supports D0 D3  current D0
    cap 0a[58] = EHCI Debug Port at offset 0xa0 in map 0x14
    cap 13[98] = PCI Advanced Features: FLR TP

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,

Rajil