Date:      Tue, 23 Jun 1998 13:47:49 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: option MROUTING

I still don't see how an MBONE capable PC, suitably dumbed-down or
not, is going to solve the user's basic MBONE connectivity issues
(without which the whole point is really rather moot).

Can you tell us all here how you intend to grapple with the latter
problem, especially given that it's been a critical problem since the
very beginning of the MBONE project?  Without a clear strategy for
getting people *on* the MBONE and making mbone routing something even
Joe ISP can (and is willing to) do, I just can't see the client issues
as all that pressing.  It's kind of like arguing what color the
telephone in your mountain cabin should be despite the fact that
you're not going to see an actual phone line run all the way up there
anytime in the forseeable future. :-)

- Jordan