Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 2014 18:36:02 +0200
From:      Matthew Rezny <matthew@reztek.cz>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: EISA in GENERIC

> Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> writes:
> > The time has come to trim EISA from the generic i386 kernel.
>=20
> Can we also remove ISA network adapters?
>=20
> DES
> --
> Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav - des at des.no

Remove from GENERIC? Go ahead.
Remove from src tree? No.

I see no reason to need ISA NICs or storage support in GENERIC on amd64=
 and=20
little reason have it in GENERIC for i386. General ISA support needs to=
 remain=20
for sio/uart and lpt. Anyone using ISA network, storage, sound, etc is=20=

probably ok building a custom kernel.

My fist thought when I saw this thread was "I hope someone doesn't ask =
to=20
remove ISA support".