Date:      Sun, 19 Jul 1998 18:17:02 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        dg@root.com, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The 99,999-bug question: Why can you execute from the stack?

> I'd much rather see this technique revised than leave a hole open for
> buffer overflow attacks. We don't want to get a reputation for lax
> security.

If you can make it all work and want to hack up a proof of concept, go
for it.  Right now, however, I think you're letting annoyance get the
better part of intelligence.

More importantly, making suggestions which are almost worded like
demands when it is very clear that you do _not_ understand the subject
in question is only a good way of antagonizing people.  You, of all
people, should know that.

- Jordan