Date:      Sat, 26 May 2001 18:24:24 +0900
From:      Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp>
To:        security-officer@FreeBSD.ORG, www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Changes to security WWW directory

At Fri, 25 May 2001 19:06:09 -0700,
Kris Kennaway wrote:
> See http://www.freebsd.org/~kris/security-new.tgz for my proposed
> redesign of the en/security directory (this also includes some other
> markup/content changes to the security.sgml which should probably be
> looked over by a WWWWeenie :-)

I like the idea to put SAs into www tree (and your patch seems OK).

Is it difficult to put $FreeBSD$ keyword in the file of SA but outside
of GnuPG signature?

We are translating SAs (mainly by hrs@FreeBSD.org) into Japanese, so
the keyword make us happy to track original revisions.

> Something else we'll need is a way to rebuild the
> www.freebsd.org/security directory on the website when we release an
> advisory; if we're using WWW as the primary distribution mechanism
> then the updated files need to be live at the time of release.  I'm
> not sure how this can be most easily accomplished (I have root on the
> freebsd.org machines, but some of the others who release advisories
> don't).

Hmmm, I don't know current status of new hardware for www.FreeBSD.org.
I think Wolfram is writing documentation of building procedure for
current www.FreeBSD.org (aka freefall).

I want to cleanup Makefiles of www tree to chase dependency of files
correctly.  And then, make building period more frequently.

As you said, I think it is good idea to prepare command to update
www.FreeBSD.org contents by using specific GID.

--
Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp> // IMG SRC, Inc.
             <kuriyama@FreeBSD.org> // FreeBSD Project