Date:      Wed, 07 May 1997 01:49:07 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
Cc:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, dennis@etinc.com, tim@futuresouth.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: if_de.c ????

> I have offered to pay for services in the past for various attempts to get
> something I needed for my operation working, but have never received any
> interest in anybody taking my money.  If it's never worked in the past, I
> didn't see any reason to try now.

Amancio has just graciously volunteered to take both your money and
your hardware. ;-)

ahasty@freebsd.org should reach him fine and I know from experience
that he's got this strange and special...  ability... to cope with
hardware most others flee, so I'm sure he'll sort you right out. ;-)

It's also starting to occur to me that maybe people simply aren't
going to the right places?  I know that sending mail to -hackers seems
a reasonable option to many, but the SNR is so low around here that
perhaps people are simply missing it.  I know for a fact that the
following people, for example, will do FreeBSD kernel-level (or
userland) consulting work and are more than capable:

	John Polstra <jdp@freebsd.org>
	Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@freebsd.org>
	Amancio Hasty <ahasty@freebsd.org>
	Jeff Hsu <hsu@freebsd.org>
	David Greenman <davidg@freebsd.org> [well, if you can somehow
	manage to get on his calendar these days ;)]

That's hardly an all-inclusive list, mind you, but you wouldn't go
wrong with anyone on it.  I'd also include myself in that list except
that 1 day after I posted my recent query for consulting work, I got
taken straight off the market again by someone who wanted an
exclusive.  Yep, I was bought off like a cheap politician. ;-)

					Jordan