Date:      Tue, 06 May 2003 19:39:09 +0200
From:      mc@hack.org
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ideal laptop recommendations?

"Jesse D. Guardiani" <jesse@wingnet.net> writes:

> Here are the systems I am considering currently. The Dell comes with a
> wireless router and Bluetooth, but it doesn't have the VAIO's screen size,
> and the IBM is entirely too expensive and doesn't include a DVD
> burner

Earlier you stated that you are a developer, so I can't really
understand why you need a DVD burner on your laptop.

I've been perfectly happy with the very thin and light Thinkpad 570s
and X20s myself, neither of which have any DVD burner, nor any DVD or
CD ROM drive, or, indeed, any built in disk drive what so ever. What's
the need if you're a developer?  Perhaps it would help if you told us
what /kind/ of developer you are?

If I was to shop around for a new laptop right now, I would most
likely go with a Thinkpad X30 or X31, the younger brother of my older
systems. Very thin, very light (~1.4 kg), awesome battery life and an
incredibly good keyboard, especially for a laptop.