Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 2009 14:29:21 -0000
From:      "Pegasus Mc Cleaft" <ken@mthelicon.com>
To:        <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   KDE4/DBUS weirdness on -Current

Hello Current,=20

    First I appologize for not having much debug information, as I =
havent been able to pinpoint an exact cause yet, but I noticed something =
odd with -Current 25012009. After updating all my ports while running on =
a 23012009-Current and rebooting, everything seemed to work fine; =
however, after updating usr/src from about 11pm on 25012009, KDE started =
to act really strange.=20

    After poking around with various things, I discovered that the dbus =
daemon stopped responding. This manifisted its self by clicking on icons =
and having the window manager lock up for about 1 minute. After which, a =
message came back that the dbus daemon could not be contacted. I tried =
dbus-monitor, but got exactly the same message. I tried both USB1 and =
USB2 stacks, just to make sure, but could never get things to copperate. =
I did find, right after logging in through KDM, I could get a single =
application to launch (So DBUS had to been ok at this point) but after =
about 5 seconds, DBUS would stop responding)

    I reverted my kernel to the version before the upgrade (kernel.old) =
and everything started to work fine again (I am running on the more =
recent world and the old kernel).=20

    I am not really sure how to find the exact failure here, but I can =
duplicate the fault by loading the 25th's kernel.=20

    Machine is a Core2-quad running on AMD64, 8 Gig, USB1 or USB2 stack.

    Does anyone have any insight to what this might be? (Or how I might =
be able to diagnose further)

~Peg