Date:      Fri, 19 May 2023 11:44:46 +0000
From:      Alastair Hogge <agh@riseup.net>
To:        Tomek CEDRO <tomek@cedro.info>
Cc:        Ivan Quitschal <tezeka@hotmail.com>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: photo/video on tty console with the new VT/framebuffer

On 2023-05-19 11:30, Tomek CEDRO wrote:
> On Fri, May 19, 2023 at 1:28 PM Alastair Hogge wrote:
>> As long as those packages support DRMKMS and does your GPU, you can to a
>> degree. I noticed video works for mpv and games/sdl, tho, I cannot get
>> input working. I tried the Doom 3 port, and watched movies with mpv all
>> from the vty just a couple of months ago.
>
> Yeah, I have input problem too, maybe worth investigating as this is
> really neat feature to have gfx with no Xorg :-)

It is worth investigating! In a long dead ago project, the input,
events, and displays were all integrated into the vty and mux'd from
there. The kernel provides evdev devices now, and there is a library,
tho I do not know how to get vt(4) to integrate with evdev, or if the
library is the way to do it? Any other ideas?