Date:      Sat, 30 May 1998 17:12:15 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Nick Ellson" <nicke@imagenation.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD as a PPP Server to Win 95?

> I have scanned through the FAQ's and Handbook on the website but my system
> isn't exactly FreeBSD, it's OpenBSD. I have gotten far enough to get pppd

Erm, no offense, but our tech support load is already more than
serious enough without the extra load that having to stay up to date
on what the variants are doing and all the extra user questions would
impose on us.  Does not OpenBSD have a tech support mailing list for
such things?  I don't even know which version of ppp OpenBSD is using
these days, but you might also find some help on the FreeBSD web site
(http://www.freebsd.org) from the ppp tutorial for the ijppp version
we use.  That approach would also at least be a no-load option for us
if OpenBSD doesn't have tech support mailing lists (which I can't
imagine anyway).  Be also aware that OpenBSD does name its serial
devices differently - what you know as /dev/tty01 is probably referred
to in FreeBSD's docs as /dev/cuaa1.

Good luck.

- Jordan