Date:      Fri, 07 Jul 2006 10:50:29 +0400
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        Neal Delmonico <ndelmonico@sbcglobal.net>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New Linux Base?

On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 21:21:12 -0500 Neal Delmonico wrote:

> Is anyone else having trouble with Linux programs after the switch to
> the new Linux base?  Now Acroread7 won't run for me, nor will
> Linux-Mozilla or Linux-Opera.  Fortunately, I have succeeded in
> compiling and installing OpenOffice so I don't need to depend on the
> Linux version of that any more.  When I run these Linux programs I get
> a segmentation fault (11).  I am running amd64 current as of about two
> weeks ago.  I have reinstalled all of the programs and reinstalled the

I'll try to test -current on amd64 this weekend. But so far there were
no complains.

> linux_base-fc4 with the -rf switches (portupgrade), but that does not
> seem to help.  I have noticed that the directories pointed to in the
> /usr/compat/linux/etc/ld.so.conf file do not seem to be linux

Those directories are prefixed by LINUX_BASE while searching. So they
_are_ pointing to linux directories.

> directories.  Changing them to their Linux conterparts and running
> /usr/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig does not correct the situation,
> however.  Linux Opera and Mozilla I can do without, but I need the
> Acroread7.

> Any suggestions?

Do you have any non-standard options at your environment
(i.e. LD_LIBRARY_PATH, path or else)?

Can you run "ktrace -i acroread" and send ktrace.out directly to me?

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve