Date:      Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:12:27 -0400
From:      albert fuller <2albertfuller@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bye-bye beastie ...

> taking the risk of starting the 'ultimate-religion-flame-war' (please not=
!)... ;) religion (of any
> kind!) limits the scope of people's thoughts and makes them more easy to =
manipulate,

what patch is this, please tell me it name and location in ports,
because I want to make sure its removed from my system at immediately.

As a Zen Buddhist, I will loosely quote a Chinese Ch'an (Zen) Master
Rinzai who has said that religion is toilet paper, you use it to clean
yourself up then you thow it away.

ergo, the purpose is not to contend with others but to wipe your own
ass ... so please get on with the task. If you have wiped then flush
... not talk.

>  not even mentioning what religion can do to the 'evolution' of mankind (=
yes, even in these
> days (->the creationists in the usa for example)).

they don't even come close to be representative of religion in a global con=
text.

> the world would be a better place if we all would get rid of this. adding=
 all the (positive and
> negative) ways in which religion has affected history, you end up with mo=
re bad than good.

Is this another master plan for everyone.

> one of the main problems is, rules that may have been necessary and good =
at some
> times, aren't reflected and reconsidered because they are now 'send by go=
d' and therefore
> untouchable. this creates some really weird (and sometimes brutal) situat=
ions.

are you trying to say that religious proclaimations utilize God as a
self-referential way of imputing authority to the statement within the
statement; if you are then that is an interesting comment on how
authority and legitimation are used tactically to create consent or
consensus ... but then again this is not only true of religion but is
part of socio-cultural dynamics in terms of the use of authoritative
declarations ... It would be useful to apply it to the windows/linux
debate

> but this is probably offtopic...

no ... FreeBSD has an extensive array of functions and capabilities
and so I am sure that this one is in there somewhere .... please check
the code.

albertfuller

email home   2albertfuller AT gmail DOT com