Date:      Fri, 5 Oct 2007 15:35:46 -0500 (CDT)
From:      <pfgshield-freebsd@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: viral license free fork of freebsd

While this topic comes up (again), it is my duty to remind you guys that the
most serious viral license trojan in the tree is GNU readline, which being a
library is under the GPL. More insight into the evilness of this is given by
the FSF themselves:
    http://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-not-lgpl.html

I understand vinum used to depend on GNU readline, but that is probably not the
case anymore. Of course. if it's really that necessary we *should* be using
NetBSD's libedit compatibility.

¡Sé un mejor fotógrafo!
Perfecciona tu técnica y encuentra las mejores fotos.
http://telemundo.yahoo.com/promos/mejorfotografo.html