Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 2014 17:41:55 +0100
From:      Sydney Meyer <meyer.sydney@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xen PVHVM with FreeBSD10 Guest

Hello everyone,

does someone know how to check if the paravirtualized I/O drivers from =
Xen are loaded/working in FreeBSD 10? To my understanding it isn't =
necessary anymore to compile a custom kernel with PVHVM enabled, right? =
In /var/log/messages/ I can see the XN* and XBD* devices and the network =
performance is very good (saturated Gb) compared to qemu-emulated, but =
the disk performance is not as well, infact, it is even slower than =
emulated with qemu (0.10.2). I did some test with dd and bonnie++, =
turned caching on the host off and tried to directly sync to disk, =
PVonHVM is averagely 15-20 % slower than QEMU at throughput. Both VM's =
are running on the same host on a Xen 4.1 Hypervisor with QEMU 0.10.2 on =
a Debian Linux 3.2 Kernel as Dom0.=