Date:      Mon, 8 Nov 2010 14:33:25 -0500
From:      Super Bisquit <superbisquit@gmail.com>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Release builds are broken -- help wanted!

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt@mac.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> The PowerPC release builds are now definitely broken. Previously we
> would merely create an invalid livefs ISO and I would simply not
> upload that. Now mkisofs is actually failing when it attempts to
> make the livefs ISO. This aborts the release build.

The livefs will not load by itself in my experience. You need a boot cd or
cd1 in order to use it. Have you thought of adding the livefs to the bootcd?
Maybe even creating a ports cd for X and basic utilities would be helpful.

You're also forgetting that the install process is no longer a single step.
It's best to partiton using a linux CD and then use gpart to reformat
followed by disklabel. I follow this with mounting the disk1 and extracting
the necessary parts.

Returning to an earlier part: Why not add the tools to disk1 or the boot cd?